Xming is a free X Window server for Microsoft Windows. It is useful for viewing GUI applications running on TCHPC cluster systems. These guidelines detail how to install the XMing server on a desktop computer.
- The Xming software is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming
- Select the "Save File" option.
- Run the Xming installer that you have downloaded.
- Use the default options in the following windows.
- Ensure the "Launch Xming" box is selected in the final window.
- The Xming icon should appear in the task tray when running.
- When using Putty to connect to TCHPC systems, you must check "Enable X11 forwarding"
- Here you can find all the steps needed in order to setup Xming and Putty.