- Post Title: Systems Administrator, Full-time
- Post Status: Specific Purpose Contract to 17th July 2015
- Department/Faculty: High Performance & Research Computing, IS Services
- Location: Lloyd Building, Main Campus, Trinity College Dublin
- Salary:This appointment will be on the Administrative 3 / 2 salary scale at a point in line with government pay policy
- Closing Date:12 Noon on 29th May 2013
High Performance & Research Computing (HPRC) seeks to appoint a
Systems Administrator to join the team. HPRC provides large-scale super
computing, data management and visualization facilities for Trinity
College Dublin and to the Irish computational research community. HPRC
is a group within Information Systems Services (IS Services).
The Systems Administrator, as part of the team in HPRC, will play a key role in running the high performance compute clusters and data storage; as well as networking and other services provided by the unit. The successful candidate will be involved in supporting users and will have the opportunity to participate in research projects within the unit and the College. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for managing and upgrading HPRC’s computer storage and visualisation infrastructure; contributing to all facets of the HPRC unit.
HPRC infrastructure includes multiple Linux-based high performance compute clusters, running hundreds of nodes; multiple network and SAN storage solutions; network services such as proxy and DHCP.
Candidates must apply through e-recruitment at https://jobs.tcd.ie/.