Who is eligible for an account on TCHPC systems?
The Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing operates four High End Computing facilities for general use by research staff & postgraduate students in Trinity College. Two of these system have been funded such that general access is also available to the broader Irish research community based in the HEI's. Some computational resources have been funded through specific research projects for the use of specific groups or consortia - access to these resources is restricted.
Non-TCD Staff/Student additional requirements
Note: If you are not a TCD staff member or student you will also need to submit a third party access form, this form can be found on the application page below.
Apply for an account
To apply for an account, please go to: https://www.tchpc.tcd.ie/support/apply/
Access to resources in the Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing is subject to Trinity College's policies and terms & conditions. These are available at http://isservices.tcd.ie/general/policies.php
The following rules also apply
- An account on any TCHPC systems may only be used by the authorized account holder
- Use of TCHPC facilities and services for commercial purposes is prohibited unless agreed otherwise
- Exploitation of defective configurations, program errors or any other method to secure a higher level of privilege than authorized is prohibited
- Sabotage or other damaging or disruptive activities directed against the TCHPC facilities or other users is prohibited
- An account will be setup for a fixed time period, but a maximum of one year before details verification is required
Personal data collected to set-up your account will not be disseminated to third parties without your permission and will only be used by staff at the Centre to comply with our obligations.
A precondition to using our systems and/or services is that you agree to allowing us to publish and disseminate an abstract of your work and any resulting publications that are enabled by these systems and/or services and make this information available to our funders and College authorities.
If you have any queries about our data protection policies please contact us