Optimizing conductivity in n-type TCOs
Lead PI:Prof. Graeme Watson
Abstract:Replacement of In2O3:Sn (ITO) as the industry standard n-type transparent conducting oxide (TCO) is a global research goal for materials scientists. Alternative n-type TCOs include ZnO:Al and SnO2:Sb/F, however these materials have not yet yielded conductivities consistent with ITO. In this study we use first principles methods to understand the reasons for the under performances of these alternative TCOs, and attempt to predict alternative pathways to higher performance.
More like this
- Increasing conductivity in p-type TCOs
- Origin of the n-type and p-type conductivity of MoS2 monolayers on a SiO2 substrate.
- Intrinsic n-type Defect Formation in TiO2: A Comparison of Rutile and Anatase from GGA+U Calculations
- Understanding doping limits in CdTe
- Understanding the p-type conduction properties of transparent conducting oxide CuBO2: A density functional theory analysis