SSH From Windows
This page details how to use Putty to connect to TCHPC clusters from a Windows client.
Putty is a free SSH Client for the windows platform.
- Download the program (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)
- Run the application (double-click the downloaded file).
- Enter the relevant host name
- Kelvin : kelvin.tchpc.tcd.ie
- Lonsdale : lonsdale.tchpc.tcd.ie
- To use GUI applications (FSL,MatLab, Fluent etc), you will need to "Enable X11 Forwarding".
- For GUI application, you will also need XMing
- Click the 'Open' button to lauch your Putty session. You will see a window similar to the following.
- Enter your username and password to connect.