The interaction between anatomy and funciton in the brain
Research Field:Life Sciences
Lead PI:Dr. Arun Bokde
Abstract:Cognition requires a high level of coordination among regions of a brain network. The structural integrity of the brain will affect the function of the brain networks and thus cognitive performance. Working memory, the capacity to hold information in mind, is affected by increasing age and genes. We will investigate how brain structure changes due to age and different genes alter the functioning of the brain network supporting working memory. The results will lead to greater understanding of how age and genes alter brain function, and will aid in understanding how diseases alter normal function in healthy subjects.
More like this
- Investigating the effects of psychosis risk gene variants on functional and effective connectivity
- Volumetric differences in successful and unsuccessful ageing
- Cognitive Dissonance and fMRI
- The ageing brain: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) study of structural changes in the brain of a ins
- Executive functioning of cognition and emotion in chronic MDMA (ecstasy) users.