TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH ACCELERATING THE DEVELOPMENT OF NOVEL
Research Field:Life Sciences
Lead PI:Ian Robertson
Abstract:The work will focus on validating robust clinical end-points that can be used early in drug development to demonstrate pharmacodynamic activity of potential symptomatic and disease-modifying agents for AD in either healthy volunteers or patients, and thereby ultimately accelerate drug progression into clinical practice. These end-points will be based on enhanced understanding of the cognitive and neurophysiological impairments underlying normal ageing, mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and AD and also on novel markers identified from preclinical models of ageing and AD.
More like this
- Creating a Bio-Resource Information System for Prostate Cancer in Ireland
- Volumetric differences in successful and unsuccessful ageing
- Alzheimer’s Disease assessed with Diffusion Tensor Imaging and Mixed-Effects Models
- Regional networks underlying interhemispheric connectivity: An EEG and DTI study in healthy ageing and amnestic mild cognitive impairment.
- The Neurocircuitry of Impaired Insight in Drug Addiction.